Skip to main content

Day 34 : Why I started to smoke

February 23, 2021 

 

 I recently learned that my mom had stopped working when I was born till I turn five years old and then I went to school. I know now that I downloaded basically everything from her during those years. 

One thing I remembered clearly is when my mom was smoking cigarettes in secret because I was always telling her that it smell bad and that it was disgusting. She wasn't going outside , she stayed in the house and smoked in the bathroom and she was acting like nobody know what she was doing. I remembered being angry at her because she was lying to me. One day she decided to stop and replace it with cigar and she was smoking only when we had a "occasion". She said that she wasn't inhaling it.

When I turned 15  years old I started to smoke the cigar occasionally and I started to smoke the cigarette at the age of 18. Like every good smoker, I was smoking to calm myself down because I was terribly anxious and that was my way of relaxing.

 I had judge my mom so much about that and I turn exactly the same. I was smoking in secret too when I moved out with my brother because he was judging me. I finally stop smoking the cigarette almost a year ago and I repeated the same pattern with the cigar, I smoked it only during ''occasion'' but every occasion was a good excuse to smoke a cigar. I tried to stop so many times with some pills, patch, gum etc in the past and that was making me feel really weird and bad. Now I am not a smoker anymore and I am glad. I supported myself with Techno-Tutor but I realize that I never make a true self-forgiveness about it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the fact I said that cigarette was relaxing me was in fact a excuse to not stop. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use cigarette to calm my anxiety when it was in fact creating more of it. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that everything that was prescribed to me by the doctor to stop smoking was really bad for my system.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be dependent on cigarette and cigar for so long. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that my addiction to cigarette comes from my mom even if I hated it when she was smoking.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to repeat the same patterns as my mom did.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to experience anger as a negative emotional reaction toward my mom that was lying about the fact she was smoking in the bathroom.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give my body temple all this chemicals poisons directly in my lounges without any awareness of the consequences that could have occurs. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to smoke in secret because I was ashamed by the judgment of my brother and I did not assume the fact I was a smoker.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself for the judgment toward my mother. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use the cigar as an excuse to perpetuate my addiction to nicotine.

When and as I see myself smoking, I stop and breathe.

I realize that smoking for me was inevitable and that the system is design in a way that those who become smoker will always be profitable either on the sale of cigarettes, prescriptions to stop and/or on treatment against diseases that the cigarette has cause. 

I commit myself to support those who want to stop smoking and help themselves for real tangible change.

I commit myself to never smoke again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 : Friendship or Bullshit ?

  December 17, 2020 My definition of friendship / relationship has changed a lot since I started my process. I've come to realize that the major part of my life, all the relationships I had allowed was only pure bullshit. Everything was based on self-interest and nothing else. I noticed that the better I felt, the smaller my circle was. At the beginning I was kind of disappointed and I was questioning myself a lot. I wasn't sure that It was the right thing to do but, at this moment I wasn't able to process the information like the way I do now. I was not really aware of the power of the ego within me, it took me a while to accept the fact that my entire life was a pure lie and that I was living it by playing a character who wasn't the real me in the physical world.  Now that I have accepted it and work on myself everyday by walking my process, all of the people I used to know as friends have almost completely disappeared from my life to let place for new people all a

Day 28 : Spitefulness of my ego

Febuary 5, 2021 I went to the grocery store two days ago and I never really following the rules in the store because there is not an ounce of common sense in those rules. I was in reverse in a row and there was this old lady who looked at me and told me : You are in the wrong way miss!! I just looked at her right in the eyes in silence and the back chat started in my mind. I was thinking : What the fuck is wrong with this lady ? Why is she out there if she is THAT scared of the virus ? Why she don't mind her own business , Even the people who works here leave me the fuck alone, go home and let people live their life madam. I took a deep breathe and shut my mind down. When I catch up the thoughts and took my breathe, it was like I was waking up from a possession, this was a thirty second of pure possession of my ego mind. I realize I that I felt attacked. I looked around me and realize, okay I am here, in the physical, at the grocery store, not in my mind, there is no need to reac

Day 7 : Life of a party

December 22, 2020 Sometimes I wonder why I am the only one in the family of three children who turns out to be the most fucked up. I was the one who end up with every addiction possible ,  I was the only one who moved out of town and lived the life of a party animal, avoiding every single responsibility I could. I end up pretty bad and if my brother wouldn't have introduce me to Techno Tutor and Dip, I would have been dead right now.  I used to take so much drugs and alcohol on a regular basis and spending every single dollars I had on my addictions when I was " stable " enough to fit in the system and had a job to pay for it. When I did not had a job because I would lose it, I would always find a way out to get what I wanted. If that implied to stayed in a fucked up place with fucked up people during several days I was doing it without any hesitation. I was getting high all day and all night long hoping that nothing too bad  would happened to me. I fed my demons during s